The Mercury is South Yorkshire’s most popular weekly newspaper for events, entertainment and live music news and reviews. Established for over seventeen years, it regularly reaches an audience of over 50,000 in its printed form, with a further 5,000 views online weekly.
Available for free from major distribution centres such as Crystal Peaks, Frenchgate in Doncaster, The Moor Market, Doncaster Market, Rotherham Market, Hillsborough Precinct and branches of Asda, Morrisons and Co-op supermarkets, we also enjoy a unique distribution channel through over 400 clubs, pubs, cafes and retail outlets across the region.
With it's seven-day TV listings and comprehensive entertainment guide, we know that customers keep their copy for reference for the full week.
The Mercury offers high exposure advertising at extremely cost-effective rates.
Research statistics show:
• We have an average verified pick-up rate of over 98%
• 94% of our advertisers report an immediate response to their advert
• 97% say they will advertise with us again
• 78% of our advertisers have used the Mercury continuously for six months or more
• 18% of our advertisers have advertised in the Mercury for over five years
• Six of our advertisers have been with us from the very first issue!
Weekly & Regular Features include:
• 7 Day TV Guide
• Entertainment Listings for Local Venues
• Sheffield 50+ Organisation Feature
• Weekly Horoscopes
• Time Out with Crossword, Jokes, Pub Quiz and Competitions
• Local Sport including Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Rotherham & Doncaster
• Fishing & Horse Racing
• Classifieds and the region's largest Holiday section
We also run regular features including Weddings, Seasonal event and local area focuses.
If you would like any further information regarding The Mercury please call us on 0114 276 3633 or getting touch via the contact form found on this website.